Saturday 27 September 2008

DVD Reviews


WrestleMania 24 (2008) - 9.5/10

"Wrestlemania is also known as the time of year WWE and “mainstream” celebrities mix and this year was no exception. Kim Kardashian and Raven Symone (more on her later) looked uncomfortable, but Snoop Dogg truly respects wrestling and seemed to have a ball."

I agree with this, as Kim Kardashian and Raven Symone looked as though they didn't know what they were talking about. It seems as though they participated in the event just to promote their own names with a different audience. On the other hand, Snoop Dogg seemed confident in what he was doing and is a fan of WWE himself. He is also good friends with John Cena.
http://www.wrestling101.com/101/article/WWEVD/1082/

Viva Las Divas -
4/10

"One thing which is always good on divas DVD’s are the extras and this years are no exception as they have some of the top diva matches of the year, interviews, behind the scenes footage and much more that will keep you entertained for hours. Many fans are disappointed the first women’s cage match between Lita and Victoria didn’t make it in to the extras but like I say there are more than enough extras to keep you happy."

I disagree with this as i strongly feel that the womens cage match should definately have been included in the extras of this DVD as this is the only womens cage match which has ever taken place in WWE which means its quite a big match.
http://www.wrestling101.com/101/article/WWEVD/615/

WWE Divas, Tropical Pleasure - 5/10

"Well I’m not sure what I was expecting when I got this DVD, I knew it would be full of half naked divas lying around on a hot sunny paradise Island, but I never knew it would be as interesting as it was. Don’t mistake me, it is no documentary, but it does have some good interviews and opinions, and it has made me think a bit more about certain divas."

I chose this quote as it clearly shows how women are represented in a promiscous way in WWE. This is due to the fact that they have DVD's which just show them lying around in provacative clothing.

http://www.wrestling101.com/101/article/WWEVD/148/

No comments: